Intermediate Tradesman Collaborative Training Scheme (ITCTS)
The Intermediate Tradesman Collaborative Training Scheme (ITCTS) follows "First-hire-then-train" approach. Trainees are first employed by the employer, then they will receive an initial training provided by the Hong Kong Institute of Construction (HKIC) with up to HK$10,200/month allowance. After the initial training, trainees will undergo on-site training provided by the employer. During on-site training period, trainees can get at least HK$13,400 monthly salary. At the end of training, trainees are required to take the relevant Intermediate Trade Test (ITT) / Certification Test / Completion Test provided by the CIC. Trainees who pass the ITT / Certification Test / Completion Test will be awarded a one-off bonus of HK$10,000.
Choice of Trades
(For details, please click here for the "ITCTS Work Trade Category and Skill Description")
|Category||Work Trade||Training Period|
|Building and Civil Work Trade
(B&C Trade)/Plant and Equipment Operator Work Trade
Bar Bender and Fixer
|Specialist Marine Work Trade*||
Geotextile Special Barge Operator
|Plant and Equipment Operator Work Trade#||
|1 - 2 months|
|Electrical & Mechanical Work Trade
* Intermediate Trade Test is not applicable to the work trade marked with '*'. Trainee will be awarded a Completion Certificate after the trainee has successfully completed the training scheme and passed the test.
# Intermediate Trade Test is not applicable to Plant and Equipment Operator Work Trade. Trainee will be awarded the Certificate of the relevant trade after the trainee has successfully completed the training scheme and passed the Certification Test.
Mode of Training
- Initial training provided by HKIC
- On-site training provided by the employer
- Aged 18 or above; and
- Hong Kong residents and have permit to work in Hong Kong; and
- For those who have not taken the below courses within one year:
- (i) Full-time Short Course/Enhanced Construction Manpower Training Scheme (ECMTS) offered by Construction Industry Council (CIC) or Hong Kong Institute of Construction (HKIC);or
- (ii) Other full-time training courses offered by CIC or HKIC or other training bodies funded by CIC or HKIC;or
- For those who have not taken CIC's or HKIC's Technician programmes within two years.
- To ensure the optimal use of training places, holders of trade test or intermediate trade test qualification are not eligible to participate in the Scheme of relevant trades.
Employers may have other requirements. The applicant may consult the employer directly.